Early this year, Tourism Australia announced a list of Australia’s best beaches for 2022, which saw WA’s Misery Beach take out the winning spot. Now, Tripadvisor has tallied up its collection of the best beaches in the South Pacific for 2022, and WA has come out on top with Turquoise Bay at number one. However, Mooloolaba Beach on the Sunshine Coast did manage to come in seventh place.
Turquoise Bay is located right on the shores of Ningaloo Reef, at the top of the west coast. In fact, you can even snorkel on the reef from the beach, making it a popular spot for swimming with turtles, rays, and an array of vibrant fish. The sand is as white as it could possibly get. The water is a crystal-clear turquoise hue. You really can’t go wrong with a visit to Turquoise Bay, so if you haven’t been yet, 2022 could be your year to plan a visit.
Australia and New Zealand made up nine of ten of the top 10 beaches on the list, with WA taking out nearly half of the top 10.
Here are the beaches that made the cut of best beaches in the South Pacific, according to Tripadvisor:
- Turquoise Bay, Western Australia
- Cable Beach, Broome, Western Australia
- Kaiteriteri Beach, New Zealand
- Greens Pool, Denmark, Western Australia
- Matira Beach, Bora Bora, French Polynesia
- Emily Bay, Norfolk Island, Australia
- Mooloolaba Beach, Queensland
- Cape Le Grand National Park, Esperance, Western Australia
- Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Island, Queensland
- Tahunanui Beach, Nelson, New Zealand